Worship & Music
The Worship and Music Ministry consists of five members of the congregation. The Pastors, the organist, the Choir Directors, and the President of the congregation serve as advisory members.
Our responsibilities include the following:
1. Assist in planning all regular and special worship services of the
2. Provide for the recruitment and training of members of the
congregation to serve as worship leaders, including lectors, cantors,
and other assisting ministers.
3. Oversee church musicians; setting guidelines and salaries, reviewing
performance and/or hiring/replacing as necessary.
4. Provide for the recruitment and training of members of the
congregation to support worship by carrying out such tasks as ushering
and caring for the sacristy.
5. Help the congregation grow in its understanding of and appreciation for
the seasons of the church year and the lectionary.
6. Work with the pastors to develop ways preaching can be strengthened.
7. Develop an ongoing program of education about the sacraments.
8. Work with the pastors and musicians to develop ways music used in
worship can contribute more effectively to the proclamation of the
9. Review new worship materials as they become available and plan for
their use in the congregation.
10. Develop ways the arts (including various performing and visual arts)
can be used to enhance the congregations worship, giving special
attention to using the artistic gifts of members of the congregation.
-Communion (preparation and clean up)
-Acolytes and Lectors
-Seasonal Planning Committees
-Media (sound board, video, banners)